We are starting another reading/literature unit; this time on historical fiction. We will be looking at literature from the Holocaust. We will be reading and analyzing short stories, poems, and the novel Night by Ellie Wiesel.
Students have really enjoyed this unit in the past, as it is something they have not previously learned about. I have found that these readings are some of the more difficult- higher level text complexity- they will read all year yet the engagement and comprehension remains high. I am excited to start this unit with you!
Click Here for the link to the page all about this unit (part one- short stories)
Click Here for the link to the page all about this unit (part two- novel)
Click Here for the link to the page with calendars for more day by day information.
- Expository Writing (Paragraph)
- Expository Writing (Essay/Career Project)
- Science Fiction (Short Stories)
- Science Fiction (Novel)
- Compare/ Contrast Writing
- Persuasive Writing (Paragraph)
- Speech & Debate
- Persuasive Research Paper
- Historical Fiction/ Inference
- Historical Fiction (Novel)
- Suspense /E.A. Poe
- Suspense Narrative Writing
- Bullying Unit
- Mastery Club & Letter to Self Extras
- Close Reading Strategies
- Grammar Issues
- OAKs Prep
- Mrs. Carter FAQ